We rely on advertising to keep the lights on.

Please consider adding us to your whitelist.

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Bit O/t but anyone had a nightmare boss and turned it round ?

(7 Posts)
Hideehi Sun 12-Aug-07 13:56:41

Briefly I have a new job in which I like the role but my boss is a nightmare, she's just sacked someone who quite frankly was doing the best you could expect of anyone and the day after he was sacked 30 sales came in (she said she felt a bit bad after that). Anyway the jist is I just don't trust her after how badly she handled that situation, it's a sales based job with 6 months probation and I feel really insecure.
My boss spends all day on her mobile to her boyfriend/mates and sorting her weekend plans/holidays or in meetings over sacking this poor bloke/another girl not even in our department.
So I have been offered another job which is further to travel and ok that might be awful too but I just feel a bit more confident about that company or rather they haven't given me any reason to doubt them.
Should I sit down with my current boss and express my concerns or just resign and move on.
It's only been 5 weeks I feel really disappointed.

LieselVentouse Mon 13-Aug-07 11:05:05

yes i got her sacked

LieselVentouse Mon 13-Aug-07 11:13:44

But in answer to your question I would see if sitting down with her would work - failing that why should you leave a job you like just cause of one person

Nip Mon 13-Aug-07 11:16:28

I got my boss sacked too!

margoandjerry Mon 13-Aug-07 11:20:24

Nightmare people are nightmares. You can't turn it around. All you can do is get on with your work out of their sight and if that's not possible, leave.

I wouldn't leave just because you don't trust her but if she is making your life miserable then yes, go. And make sure the bosses know she's why you're leaving.

flowerybeanbag Mon 13-Aug-07 12:06:21

Agree with margoandjerry.
There are limited things you can do, you can ask for a discussion about how your boss is managing you, support you need etc, but in terms of things like phoning her boyfriend etc etc that's all frustrating but it's for her boss to deal with not you, and unless you want to run to her boss, which tbh probably wouldn't be viewed terribly well, there's not a lot you can do. If you run to her boss, you will be highlighting him/her not doing her job of managing your boss correctly, and will also worsen your relationship with your own boss, probably not worth it to get her a telling off about phoning her mates and being rubbish generally.
If anything if adversely affecting your ability to do your job properly, you should raise it with your boss.
But I think you are unlikely to get much of an improvement really. Most people leave jobs because of bosses. Although lots cite 'career development' etc when asked why they are leaving, ultimately if there was a fantastic supportive relationship they would not be in such a hurry to look elsewhere.
The grass isn't always greener, but not trusting your boss and gettin her to focus more on her job rather than her social life are probably not things you can change yourself.

flowerybeanbag Mon 13-Aug-07 12:07:10

If anything is affecting your ability, whoops!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now