Talk

Advanced search

New job.. Old career or new direction?

(3 Posts)
Riverrock345 Thu 26-Sep-19 04:55:09

I am in a bit of a quandary. I have recently been hoping to return to work after an extended period off due to caring responsibilities. My issue is that I have been thinking about a change of career however there are much more opportunities to return to something similar to my previous roles (in finance). I have had an offer from a company (finance) but I had also applied for a role in a completely different sector which I am more interested in. I have applied but not been for an interview for this (career change) role yet. So do I take the role that has been offered to me (finance) or do I wait to see what transpires with the other job (career change)? The offered (finance) job wants me to start ASAP. The positions both have similar salaries and hours. I realise this is not a bad position to be in but I hate letting people down so wouldn't want to start in something I ultimately might not settle in. Please give me some collective MN wisdom on this.

OP’s posts: |
Isleepinahedgefund Fri 27-Sep-19 06:35:23

At the moment you don't have a choice of jobs, do you - there's only one offer on the table. I would accept the offer you have, then see what happens with the other one.

Riverrock345 Fri 27-Sep-19 11:25:56

Yes you are 100% right. I have decided to take the one on offer and I'll try to get some more experience in the other field on a part-time basis.

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in