Talk

Advanced search

Taking a leap of faith - leaving nursing. Has anyone done it and found happy?

(6 Posts)
Leapoffaith00 Mon 16-Sep-19 07:21:03

Exactly that really. I can't live like this anymore. I'm so so scared but I just can't do it!!!

OP’s posts: |
Hedgehogparty Sat 28-Sep-19 21:26:14

I left, I miss some of the people but not the job.
A lot less tired now, wish I’d left sooner.

Wilmalovescake Sat 28-Sep-19 21:27:34

Not nursing but I’m on the verge of leaving a job and career/vocation I used to love and thought I’d be in forever. It’s just making me miserable. I can’t quite believe this is where I am. It feels unreal.

Tartan333 Mon 07-Oct-19 22:42:57

Leapoffaith00, did you decide to leave? I feel the same and just don't know what to do. I know someone who has left nursing to be a teaching assistant and is loving it.

Leapoffaith00 Tue 08-Oct-19 11:24:17

42Tartan333 hiya, no I haven't left. I found a part time post running an assessment clinic. When my dd's are a little bit older I will be needing a half decent wage so for finacial reasons I have stayed. I will then go full time and not really looking forward to that but I feel a bit stuck. Being a single parent also, I feel extra stuck.
If I was earning a 2nd income to the household (living with a partner), I would have made my decision a long time ago.
Hope you're ok? It's a very stressful and at times thankless career but from one nurse to another - you are doing amazing. If you have the opportunity financially then do what makes you happy.

OP’s posts: |
pancakes22 Tue 29-Oct-19 21:51:38

@Leapoffaith00 can I ask why you want to leave? Hope something else comes up for you soon

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in