Talk

Advanced search

What would you do?

(2 Posts)
Ilikecheeselotsandlots Tue 27-Aug-19 22:10:57

So i have a full time job, i dont hate it but also dont love it, it also requires me to be away from my children for chunks of time, pay isnt too bad. I have an interview which would be closer in subject to my degree (more than my current role), and its something i would love to do and you get a wage, not a great wage but its something. The problem is that it requires doing a course for 1 year for at least 2.5 hours away from where i live up to 3 days a week the rest of the time is at placement where i live. So i would probably have to stay away from home 3 days a week as it would cost more in money and time to travel there and back every day then to just book an air bnb. This only goes on for around 8 months (the 3 day learning days). At the end of the year the pay goes up quite a bit and you are guarenteed a job.
Is it worth it though?, im the main earner and partner stays at home and works around the kids. He has just said to find out the ifs and buts at the interview like if there is any money towards expenses etc.

What would you do?

OP’s posts: |
Isleepinahedgefund Wed 28-Aug-19 17:05:34

Definitely go to the interview. At the moment you don't actually have to make the decision do you, as you don't actually have the job yet.

I would work out two or three key questions to ask at the interview. don't be "that" applicant that's asking nitty gritty stuff before they actually have the job.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in