Talk

Advanced search

Feeling discouraged

(3 Posts)
cactos Tue 16-Jul-19 16:51:26

I graduated at the end of June but have been applying for work for the last 3 months. I have been getting help and advice about my CV and cover letters from the university, the job centre and my friends and family and still nada. Not even an interview, just an inbox full of rejections. My degree is in business so it's not something totally irrelevant. I'm only 21 so I don't have much experience other than a warehouse job and an internship but to get a job I need experience but I can't get experience without getting a job. I'm applying for everything from entry level to graduate jobs and its really getting me down that I can't get even 1 interview while applying for minimum 3 jobs a day, some up to 50 miles away. It's a vicious cycle and I'm having a rather pathetic pity party right now. I feel like crying everytime I talk about it and my husband tiptoes around it and only offers suggestions after I bring it up. I managed to make it through uni despite falling pregnant midway and graduate with a 1 year old on my hip with no time off or extensions or anything but now I feel absolutely worthless for not being able to find a job. My self worth has hit rock bottom and all my positive energy has been totally drained. It feels like all my coursemates have already found amazing work opportunities and I'm stuck as some kind of unwilling stay at home mom. I love my daughter but I can't help but feel like I'm letting her down.

OP’s posts: |
NiceRadFem Tue 16-Jul-19 18:37:29

Hey I have no magic words, just say that I am in a similar situation, although I am older and with lots of work experience... I do not know what is it... we just need to keep on keeping on I guess and not get discouraged!!

D0ckD0ck364 Thu 18-Jul-19 00:37:20

Have you signed up at agencies to do temporary work or volunteer ?

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in