Talk

Advanced search

Interview for sixth form study supervisor

(3 Posts)
mikado23 Fri 28-Jun-19 08:15:25

Hi, I have a job interview for a part time post as a sixth form study supervisor. I'm at a complete loss as to what they will ask, any help much appreciated. Thanks

OP’s posts: |
BlitzenandMikey Fri 28-Jun-19 12:41:00

What does the job entail exactly? They will probably ask you stuff relating to any past experience of the role . Will you be interacting with students? How you can motivate them? Deal with any safeguarding issues, how you would deal with a distressed pupil panicking over his or her exams? Team work?

It’s hard to know, unless you share a bit more about the role itself.

mikado23 Fri 28-Jun-19 13:23:36

Hi, Thanks for the reply.So duties and responsibilities: supervise senior pupils during study periods, improve study environment, report absenteeism to appropriate staff, operate computers systems, complete returns, maintain stock reference books, admin as required. Knowledge, skills etc: experience in helping & supporting young people, ict skills, communication skills, use initiative, work as a team, develop & maintain positive relationships with pupils, good organisational skills .
I have no experience in a school, Ive been at home full time for over 15 years so trying to return to the workforce. I've had 2 children through 6th form, one at university one hoping to go this year. Another entering 6th form. Plus I've volunteered at the local nursery & primary for 13 years.. I have a post grad in business management, plus a recent emergency & pediatric first aid qualification and safe guarding course.
Any advice appreciated.

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in