Talk

Advanced search

Help me clever MNetters

(6 Posts)
TheRealHousewifeofCheshire Sat 18-May-19 11:02:16

Thanks Im very familiar with STAR-L approach. I just csnt think of examples. Thanks for taking time to reply though it means a lot

BirdsInTheAttic Sat 18-May-19 08:55:29

Hi OP, not sure if I can be much help but didn’t want you to go unanswered.
You say you did this role previously? Can you think back to the very worst time(s) you had to deliver news the listener didn’t agree with? If you can pick out one or two tricky ones and frame it as STAR (Situation, Task, Action, Result), that should give you a starter!
Remember to focus on what YOU did, even where things were a team effort it’s useful to drill down into your particular role in that.

TheRealHousewifeofCheshire Fri 17-May-19 20:14:58

Oh no

TheRealHousewifeofCheshire Thu 16-May-19 20:14:30

Anyone

TheRealHousewifeofCheshire Wed 15-May-19 22:03:17

Bump

TheRealHousewifeofCheshire Wed 15-May-19 15:42:18

I have an interview next week for a job I did before my current mat leave. Nothing is guaranteed!

*I always struggle to answer questions around my interpersonal skills (using these to build working relationships. Also struggle with questions about working collaboratively.*

I need to feel confident to answer questions based on this.

It's essentially an admin type role which involves communicating lots with different departments and very senior staff and often telling clients (students) things they dont want to hear/agree with.

Help me work up some examples clever mumsnetters

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »