Talk

Advanced search

Part time legal jobs

(2 Posts)
Hanpie77 Thu 18-Apr-19 19:10:04

Hi,

I've just heard from a legal recruiter, after arranging an interview date and time with a local law firm, that they have decided to employ someone full time instead and have re-listed the job with another agency as they had no interest (apart from me, who annoyingly for them, only wants 3 days work a week!). I'm feeling so miserable about this and to top it off I spent money (which is very tight) on some interview clothes as mine all date from pre-children times.

Has anyone else in the legal field really struggled to find part time work?

The interview was for a paralegal job in private client. I have a law degree and will be restarting my LPC in October. I also have about 7 years of experience in private client.

I have had a part time legal job (secretarial) but it was not paying enough to be worth it at the time after two lots of nursery fees. I haven't had a job since the beginning of the year.

I can't really afford not to work, but only need to earn about £350 a month. Does anyone have any job suggestions?

Thanks

OP’s posts: |
user1487194234 Mon 22-Apr-19 11:20:31

Everyone I know in PT legal jobs has converted from a FT job
Large element of having had to prove yourself
And most of them are working almost normal FT hours,just less than Legal FT hours

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in