Would you chase up an application?

(4 Posts)
PositiveDiscipline Wed 17-Apr-19 09:46:39

I applied for a job a few weeks ago. The application took ages and my experience is spot on for the role. Without outing the job I can confidently say that they wouldn't have had hundreds of applications at all as it was advertised very low key, in a local area and the deadline is long gone.

I'm a bit upset that I have not even had a curt response to say thanks but no thanks.

WWYD. Would you follow it up?

OP’s posts: |
Thiswayorthatway Wed 17-Apr-19 13:40:49

Give them a call, what have you got to lose?

RavenLG Wed 17-Apr-19 14:25:34

If it didn't state "If you have not heard within xx days you have not been successful?" I would. Did it have a deadline? I email then if no response follow up with a phone call.

Expressedways Wed 17-Apr-19 21:38:06

Definitely follow up! I had a similar situation and the company came back to me after 2 months, when I’d already started another job, to say they wanted to interview me. The hiring manager or HR person could be out on holiday which is delaying responses; you may not have been rejected. And even if you have (internal candidate perhaps?), I don’t think you have anything to lose. I’d probably try to email though, getting through to speak to someone might be easier said than done unless it’s a small company.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in