Talk

Advanced search

Term time only pay

(5 Posts)
Beansprout30 Tue 19-Mar-19 22:13:05

Hi I wonder if anyone can help. I’ve applied for a job in a school which is term time only, 20 hours a week and the pay is £8,728.40-£9,447.95. How do I work out monthly pay and is it usually spread equally over 12 months?

Also it says that hours are 9-2 Monday to Friday but that’s 25 hours?!

Still18atheart Tue 19-Mar-19 22:18:46

I’m tto. Does it say how many weeks a year you are to work. I.e do you need to do extra days in the holidays or inset days? How my pay is worked out is i technically don’t get paid for one month a year. However, I get a pay check every month it’s just less then it would be in a normal job it’s just spread throughout the year. I’ve worked in this job for a few years now and the pay still bamboozles me a little

pasbeaucoupdegendarme Tue 19-Mar-19 22:18:54

If the job is term time only but you’re on a yearly salary, then I guess it is paid monthly so you’d just divide the total by 12.

As for 25 hours, it probably includes an hour’s unpaid break each day, so you’re only paid for 20 of the 25 hours you’re in school.

Urgh2019 Tue 19-Mar-19 22:19:11

Your pay will be split into 12 payments over the year.

From that 25 hours you will need to take 30 minutes off a day for lunch.

Some of the rest of the time might be in the calculation to cover you for disaggregated training days.

For such a short day I would be surprised if a break was included?

Beansprout30 Tue 19-Mar-19 22:53:54

Thanks everyone, It just says term time only plus one week
Trying to work out if I could afford to to take it if I were lucky enough to get it

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »