Talk

Advanced search

Want to get back into work but no confidence

(6 Posts)
peanutbutterbanana1 Thu 07-Mar-19 14:52:24

Hi,
I’m level 3 qualified preschool practitioner. My son is starting school in sept. I’d like to get back into work once he starts school, I feel I need to do this for myself. I’ve suffered with anxiety and low confidence and I wouldn’t know where to start going back to work as I need it to work around school hours too. But every time I start thinking about it, I think I’m not good enough anyway and I just want to get my confidence back but don’t know where to start.
I have three kids and I’ve been out of work for 3& 1/2 years. Has anyone else been in this position? At the moment being a sham makes me feel like everyone’s slave, I need to get out of the house!

mrsdaz Thu 07-Mar-19 16:26:15

I work part time in a preschool as a 1-1 with an autistic child. It’s really nice to go to work, do interventions with child and not have any responsibilities as keyworker etc. As it’s a school nursery I only work school hours so easy for my own children.

I’m happy to help with your cv etc if you like? Once you are back into work it’ll be easier!

Livedandlearned Thu 07-Mar-19 19:58:08

You could start with helping out at a school as a parent,veith a dbs of course

Livedandlearned Thu 07-Mar-19 19:59:05

Sorry! With a dbs of course, and see how you feel. Start slowly and grow your confidence.

peanutbutterbanana1 Fri 08-Mar-19 20:54:19

Thanks for your replies. Yes, I think the main thing is getting out there and doing it, maybe the thought is worse than doing.
I help out at a preschool committee at the moment. But I think your both right. Finding the right job and in the meantime helping out somewhere.
Thanks for the offer of cv help Mrsdaz.
I think I feel guilty for wanting it too, like I need to be there for everyone else all the time

curiositycreature Fri 08-Mar-19 20:58:43

On this International Women’s Day, you should feel rest assured that you don’t need to feel guilty.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »