Talk

Advanced search

HELP : Supporting Statement AND Cover letter

(2 Posts)
Okki Sun 03-Mar-19 18:42:09

I'm applying for jobs after a long break being SAHP. The one I'm applying for at the moment asks for Supporting statement and a cover letter. I'm wondering why when they are essentially the same thing. Should I include different info in each or just write them differently?

Any suggestions and advice very gratefully received. Thanks

Charby44 Tue 05-Mar-19 20:18:37

Around this time last year, I started job hunting but for a new career. Was already at college studying AAT, when I saw a CV and Covering letter seminar. I watched this and completely redesigned my CV and covering letter. After 2 weeks of applying for jobs I got my first interview.

I had already applied for jobs prior to this with my old style CV, with not even an interview offer.

My old CV was set up in the structure they teach you at school but the structure on the seminar was completely different and more professional.

I no longer have the link but as I said earlier, I did find it on the AAT website. Alternatively, Google CV and Covering Letter and you should be able to find the info you need.

Good luck x

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: