Talk

Advanced search

Back to work after suicide (trigger)

(3 Posts)
mimbulusmimbletonia Thu 07-Feb-19 13:13:47

Basically as the title says going back to work on Monday after a month off after my mum committed suicide. I had been worried about telling people about it but I received a card signed by colleagues yesterday so they must all know. This is a massive relief

I'm still really nervous as they don't know how she died, but also I've been out of work for a month and I feel like I've forgotten how to do my job.

Fr3d Thu 07-Feb-19 18:19:18

Sorry to hear about your mum. Hopefully it will be like riding a bike...but if not, most employers will understand. Up to you if you want to share more with your colleagues..or just say thanks and change the subject. If your manager/HR can be trusted to keep quiet, you could share the circumstances as it may affect you for months to come. Do they have an Employee Assistance Programme?

FourRedShoes Sat 09-Feb-19 19:48:14

I'm so sorry for the loss of your Mum. flowers

I hope you're OK - of course you're not but I hope you're getting some support and very nice that people at work know so you won't have to talk about it, unless you want to.

Wishing you all the best.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »