Talk

Advanced search

Back to work

(1 Post)
MrsCrawley Fri 01-Feb-19 20:23:26

Bit of background, I’m in a senior management position. Announced pregnancy early due to health/ previous pregnancy issues, new MD started overloading me,work that wasn’t in my remit etc, ended up being signed off work as the stress was affecting the baby, returned all was ok, then my workload was stripped down more and more and left out of things, highlighted to HR and they were no help, at 32 weeks I was in that much of a state I was signed off work, I then had holidays and mat leave started 15th October. I did consult for legal advice as I’m well aware it’s pregnancy discrimination. I indicated I would return in June but I really don’t feel ready to return or even want to go back there and I don’t want to leave our DD, my DP who works for the same firm supports me and we can manage finance wise, just after advice on how long you can take off, whether I have to return etc. I know it’s a few months away but im already worrying. I will add previous to the pregnancy I worked 70+ hours no issues and never took sick days. Before I finished I was still working above my contracted hours

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »