Talk

Advanced search

AO at DWP (case manager role)

(3 Posts)
Needadoughnut Fri 25-Jan-19 09:11:37

Anybody with that sort of role that could give me some idea of what it's like? After 3 months, I've finally been offered this role. I have a few other (potentially better) job offers coming up. I know that the great thing of being s civil servant is job security and pension. Is there anything else to add? Commute will be a bit of a hassle and will need to leave about 10mins early to catch the train (but I'm sure the same applies to many more). Salary is on the lower end, but after being underemployed I believe this is better than what I've had for the past year.

Isleepinahedgefund Sat 26-Jan-19 16:45:06

I did the same job but at a higher grade many years ago - it was ok, basically processing benefit claims. Nothing hard, nothing fancy. I left because the career progression was a big dead man's shoes.

I'd accept it because that job is better than no job isn't it - honestly the pre employment checks and role allocation will take so long you will have heard about your other jobs in the mean time, and you can withdraw your application at any time right up until you start (you don't have to sign your contract until you start, if you even get it beforehand).

Needadoughnut Mon 28-Jan-19 09:19:31

How long do the checks take? I've heard anything from 2 weeks to 2 months!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: