Talk

Advanced search

Pregnancy after Maternity leave.

(7 Posts)
DillingersMoll Mon 21-Jan-19 13:26:18

Hi all, this is my first post on here and I'm not too sure if I've posted this in the right place but here we go...
My partner and I are thinking about having another baby. We have a 7 month old daughter and as I'm not getting any younger I would like to start ttc sooner rather than later.
If I was to return to work in April already pregnant would I be entitled to full maternity pay?

Cdiddi Wed 23-Jan-19 16:31:41

Hi I will be interested in what the replies are.
I am currently 15 weeks pregnant and due to return to work after maternity at the end of march which would be 16 weeks before my due date July 13th. My employer has just said she'll need to work out if I'm entitled to maternity pay or maternity allowance! Obviously I'm only returning to get maternity pay and if it's any less there won't be much point! Maybe worth contacting Citizens advice.😊 hopefully someone will know!

DillingersMoll Wed 23-Jan-19 17:59:45

Cdiddi, I saw this posted further down the list earlier today...
https://www.maternityaction.org.uk/advice-2/mums-dads-scenarios/pregnancy-during-maternity-leave/
Hopefully it will help to explain some things. Good luck with your pregnancy!! smile

Katy32 Thu 31-Jan-19 22:25:05

Hi yes I’m in a similar situation. Just returned to work from mat leave and work have only let me go part time until end of August-so technically back to full time after this? Does anyone know if this means if I got pregnant again would I be given part time mat oh or full time mat pay? So confused but can’t ask hr at work.

Itssosunnyout Thu 31-Jan-19 22:27:47

Have a look at your maternity policy at work. At my work you have to be back for 12 months vefore they give enhanced maternity

Cdiddi Fri 01-Feb-19 20:07:30

Thank you.😊 this is far more helpful than going round in circles on the government website.

Cdiddi Fri 01-Feb-19 20:08:55

I think it goes by how much you earn if it's more or less than the smp.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »