Talk

Advanced search

Bank holidays in maternity leave

(6 Posts)
MaternityAdvice Fri 18-Jan-19 10:54:23

I’ve opted to start my maternity leave from 15 April but because of where Easter is this year and next, it means I will be off for 10 bank holidays instead of the normal eight. Do I need to pay work back for those extra two days or take them from my annual leave quota?

OP’s posts: |
MrsG010814 Sat 19-Jan-19 13:13:36

I've just finished my maternity leave at the end of December and got the 8 bank Holidays added to my annual leave that I accrued while I was off. I can't see why you would owe them to your work?

MaternityAdvice Sat 19-Jan-19 13:25:16

@MrsG010814 it’s because there will be ten bank holidays whilst I am off and not eight.

OP’s posts: |
MrsG010814 Sat 19-Jan-19 14:42:34

What I mean is that I don't think it matters how many bank Holidays there are you should still accrue them. My maternity policy states you accrue all bank Holidays when on maternity leave to take either at the end of your leave or transfer days into the following year. You shouldn't be penalised because Easter happens to fall at a different time. Have you checked what your maternity policy states?

3out Sat 19-Jan-19 14:47:58

I think it will be counted as part of next year’s annual leave, potentially. Can you email HR to clarify?

dementedpixie Sat 19-Jan-19 14:53:19

You are not using them though as you're on maternity leave. You will be accruing leave while on maternity leave so it doesn't really matter

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in