Talk

Advanced search

Civil Service blind recruitment

(4 Posts)
mrs2cats Tue 08-Jan-19 22:54:58

I'm in the middle of looking at filling in an application for a Civil Service position and there's stuff about not putting down information that might identify you as they follow a Blind Recruitment process.

I'm now confused about what to do in the CV section... Do you still put down your previous employer's name and your job title? I was wondering if you have to be more vague eg International export company.

I'm a bit baffled as it's been a while since I've applied for a job and this Blind Recruitment is totally new to me.

OP’s posts: |
Figmentofimagination Tue 08-Jan-19 23:14:55

Do you mean name blank recruitment? This is a photo I took of the explanation for it when I queried it with a friend for my application last year. So I still included names of companies, addresses, my job titles and dates for my employment history. I also gave a brief description of my most recent roles (what I did in those roles), but I don't know if that's mandatory.

For my education, I didn't include names or addresses of my places of study, but I did include years - which I kind of think can make it obvious what your age is as most people take GCSEs at 15/16. So for education I said 10 GCSE passes, how many A's B's etc, stated it includes maths and English, and what year. For A Levels I said 4 A Levels, my grades, the subject names and the year.

mrs2cats Wed 09-Jan-19 17:22:11

Thanks Figmentofimagination, that's clarified it for me smile.

OP’s posts: |
RocaRoca Thu 30-Apr-20 08:45:28

Hello guys, unrelated question please.
I work full time in the civil service, can I work full time elsewhere or just part time? The potential second job is working from home. Thanks

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in