Talk

Advanced search

NHS Bank Health Care Support Worker Pre-employment health check

(5 Posts)
Cath9015 Sat 01-Dec-18 19:36:36

Hi all!

I’ve recently been offered a position as a Bank HCSW with the NHS.

I’ve completed my health questionnaire and have disclosed I’m currently taking sertraline for depression but I haven’t given any additional info as I’m guessing they’ll ask me to discuss it further if they want more info. I’ve only been taking them for about a month as I’d mentioned to my gp that I’d been feeling down for a while so she suggested trying them. Will this likely be a problem with the occupational health department? I’m only on a low dose (50mg) and I’m feeling fine in myself now, I just need to keep taking them for a bit before coming off them.

Also should I expect to be invited for a health check? I’ve heard that staff require bloods and immunisations prior being given the clear to work but does this also apply to NHS Bank HCSW staff? If so, which immunisations are required?

Thanks all!

OP’s posts: |
ew1990 Sat 01-Dec-18 19:42:25

I can't comment on the medication coz I'm not sure.

Before I could start I had to take them a print out of all the vaccinations I had and show them my tb jab scar. I then had to have the hep b immunisation

Cath9015 Sat 01-Dec-18 19:46:09

Thank you smile

Cath9015 Sat 01-Dec-18 19:48:17

I haven’t had the TB one so guess I’ll need that but I’ve had the hep b ones so I’m guessing I’ll just need a booster for that one. I just want to start now lol

ew1990 Sat 01-Dec-18 19:54:17

I know I got offered a job in the July and didn't start till the October!

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in