Calling all Accountants - 2 days per week - is this feasible?

(7 Posts)
VerityShepley Wed 17-Oct-18 09:58:55

capricornandproud please do - or email me on verity.shepley@jevaconsulting.com, great thanks.

OP’s posts: |
Capricornandproud Wed 17-Oct-18 08:57:11

I absolutely would love this position and its exactly what I’m looking for! May i PM you for the details?

YogaPants Wed 17-Oct-18 08:54:09

My mum worked like this. She enjoyed the autonomy it gave her. It took her about 5 years to retire, however, as she kept accidentally picking up extra clients who needed an accountant a few days a month when she planned to be cutting back.

VerityShepley Wed 17-Oct-18 08:47:51

Thanks for your thoughts - it's not actually for me, so if anyone knows anyone on the lookout for this sort of flexibility, let me know.

SpoonBlender Tue 16-Oct-18 17:46:49

Just pinged her, after the office closed and we all dispersed she carried on doing 1 and 2 day a week accounting for various small businesses. It's apparently quite a thing, you can make a living at it smile

SpoonBlender Tue 16-Oct-18 17:40:39

Company I worked for a decade ago had a 2.5 day a week accountant, we were a smallish branch office where most of the accounting went straight to head office. She loved it.

If you fancy doing small office accounts, get in!

VerityShepley Tue 16-Oct-18 17:01:16

Hi all,

I have a friend who runs a small business (food sector) and they need a Financial Controller to work 2 days per week from home/fully flexible hours, with the occasional day in the office in Central London. I have a finance background so they've asked my thoughts - does this seem too good to be true for a return-to-work mum? I've not heard of many 2 days pw finance roles. Thanks for your thoughts.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in