Talk

Advanced search

Vision2Learn?

(8 Posts)
BlitzenandMikey Thu 20-Sep-18 16:21:55

Hi all,

Has anyone studied for and completed a free course with Vision2Learn? I am thinking of doing the Essential IT skills Level 2. How did you find the course? Did you receive a certificate on completion? I have just completed a Level 2 Mental Health Awareness course with the Skills Network and wasn't overly impressed (just sent 4 course booklets and told to complete, with feedback taking between 14-28 days for each one!)

Are the courses with Vision2Learn, well recognised?

Thanks.

OP’s posts: |
BlitzenandMikey Mon 24-Sep-18 14:42:23

Just bumping this up again..

Meredith12 Wed 26-Sep-18 13:24:24

Hi, I work as a tutor for Vision2learn, but not on the IT course. I've heard it's a good course. You do get a certificate posted out at the end of the course and it is an accredited and recognised qualification. It can take about 12 weeks to get your certificate depending on when the external moderator visits the college that you're doing it through. It is completely free, however there can be a charge of about £150 if you don't complete. This is made clear when you sign up.

You have access to a tutor via the online system so you can message them at any time to get help. All work should be marked within 5 working days and messages answered within 2 working days. All course materials are online. It is not a pass or fail course, as you can submit your work as many times as you need to pass each unit.

Like every company, you hear good and bad things, but as a tutor, I think they are a very good company and get great feedback from 99% of my learners.

If you have any questions, I'm more than happy to answer them.

BlitzenandMikey Thu 27-Sep-18 11:45:24

Thanks for your reply Meredith; it made very encouraging reading.
I have enrolled on the IT level 2 course now, so it's full steam ahead!

I am just starting a new job soon, along with some voluntary work; so hoping I can be disciplined enough to set aside enough time to complete my assessments!

Thanks once again.

Meredith12 Thu 27-Sep-18 12:46:30

You can get extensions of upto 2 weeks on each unit normally so if you're running late, just ask your tutor for more time.

Good luck with it and your voluntary role smile

neverundersold Thu 27-Sep-18 12:59:52

I have completed this course and found it really easy to follow. You do have to commit the proper time to it and take on board the tutors advice. I had always been baffled by excel spreadsheets and power point presentations but after completing my course was able to use both competently. I hope you enjoy the course and find it useful.

TheEgyptianKing Thu 27-Sep-18 18:01:50

Sounds good, go for it OP.

Meredith, can I ask how you became a tutor with Vison 2 Learn?

BlitzenandMikey Thu 27-Sep-18 19:54:04

Yes I am quite impressed with the course so far..it is just what I need and all for free!

The Skills NW have given me feedback on my first assessment and I passed that, so I take back what I said earlier!

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in