First job interview in five years!

(10 Posts)
WhoAteMyCandy Thu 13-Sep-18 07:42:44

Today I have my first job interview since leaving my old job to raise my son. I have some how found a perfect school hours job. ( sadly not term time only but the holidays should not be too much of a issue) The scary part is that im so worried I wont get it as not only am I very scared and anxious person but im also recovering from a foot injury and im worried they wont give me the job based on the shoes I will have to wear to the interview. There supportive walking style trainers. My interview outfit is also very basic, plain black tshirt and trousers but they were the only things I could find that I felt comfortable in.

OP’s posts: |
BlitzenandMikey Thu 13-Sep-18 08:42:32

Good luck for today! I am sure it will be fine. Try and relax ( rescue remedy is good!) and take your time to answer the questions. Do a bit of research on the organisation and have a few questions to ask the interviewer/s.

As long as you are smart and presentable, I wouldn’t worry about your footwear ( no one will even notice I’m sure!)

Best of luck and feel free to let us know how it goes 🙂

User19992018 Thu 13-Sep-18 10:39:09

You can explain about your shoes the moment you meet the person.

Just be light-hearted about it.

"I need to apologise up front about my shoes today - usually I'd be in something smarter but I have a small injury that I'm still recovering from. Another few weeks and I'll be back to normal smarter shoes which is what I'd usually wear".

Say it in a happy confident tone and it will all be fine! It could even be an ice-breaker between you and the interviewer.

I'm sure it will all be fine. Good luck!

WhoAteMyCandy Thu 13-Sep-18 11:19:32

I have just got home from the interview. I think it went well and was able to answer all of there questions. They said they will let me know tomorrow evening if I have got the job.

BlitzenandMikey Thu 13-Sep-18 13:08:39

Fingers crossed!

heartshapedpositnotes Thu 13-Sep-18 18:21:03

Good luck! Did you mention the shoes?

WhoAteMyCandy Thu 13-Sep-18 19:52:32

Thank you both so much. I did mention the shoes and they told me not to worry about them.

WhoAteMyCandy Fri 14-Sep-18 14:02:41

Just a quick update to let you know that I got the job grin

BlitzenandMikey Fri 14-Sep-18 16:41:58

Well done!! Great news. What’s the job? 😀👍

WhoAteMyCandy Fri 14-Sep-18 18:19:29

Nursery nurse

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in