Talk

Advanced search

CIPD level 3 questions, career change to HR

(3 Posts)
VolcanicCoconutCoast Wed 12-Sep-18 13:47:40

I'm looking at moving into HR as a career change.. however I don't have any experience.
I have noticed that a local college offers the CIPD level 3 which can be done part time over 30 weeks. It doesn't require previous HR experience. It states that if you don't have relevant experience then you would be required to do some further reading/research to help you with assignments..

I'm tempted by this, but would I really struggle with the CIPD 3 having no previous experience? I do have a degree in psychology so don't think I'd find the work difficult as such - but content wise I'd be completely new to it. I did work at a large supermarket head office for 4 years and worked on various depts but not specifically in HR

Could anyone advise ? And could anyone let me know if this course is particularly "difficult"?

Thanks

OP’s posts: |
BestZebbie Wed 12-Sep-18 14:56:19

You could buy the textbook first and look at that if you aren't sure about the content?

crisscrosscranky Wed 12-Sep-18 20:14:56

You'd be fine with L3 - I have a 17 year old apprentice (albeit one working in a busy Hr department) doing hers and she loves it.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in