Talk

Advanced search

Anyone open a store on Amazon UK ?

(8 Posts)
wafflenberries Mon 27-Aug-18 17:46:09

Hi,

Does anyone know how long does it take to open a store on Amazon?

A friend tried to open a store on amazon a few years ago. There were several steps, including opening of a business account, which took forever. In the end, she could not open the store because products were not approved to be sold under EU regulations. This took several months.

I have done some research and tried to get information from customer service but haven't really got the relevant information.

Would really appreciate if you have any information about this. Many thanks in advance.

OP’s posts: |
Pippylou Mon 27-Aug-18 17:47:55

I used to sell all my books on there and it was great, then it went all complicated and expensive, so don't do it anymore. Not a business, just a private seller. Think they went for bigger volume sellers.

Pippylou Mon 27-Aug-18 17:49:00

Sorry, that doesn't help you but I found it all too complicated and I'm not thick, so it's defo not for the faint-hearted.

wafflenberries Tue 28-Aug-18 22:45:36

Thank you Pippylou

Tailfeather Tue 28-Aug-18 23:01:46

I do. There were quite a few hoops to jump through. Pain in the arse at the time, but now it's all set up and running fine there's no hassle at all.

wafflenberries Tue 28-Aug-18 23:16:18

Thank you Tailfeather

How long (days/weeks/months) did it take to complete the process of opening store there?

Did you have to open a business bank account?

Do you think it's a good market place to sell ethical, expensive and good quality artisanal home furnishing?

Sorry I am asking too many questions. But I haven't found answers through online research. Many thanks smile

Tailfeather Tue 28-Aug-18 23:33:57

I already had a business bank account. I think it probably took me about a month to set up as I had to keep submitting evidence of bits and bobs.

Amazon obviously has a great reach and a massive market share, but I don't know about furniture I'm afraid. I have to admit that it wouldn't be the first place I would look for furniture.

Have you tried other marketplaces?

wafflenberries Wed 29-Aug-18 00:09:26

Thank you. It's home furnishing like throws, cushion covers, etc.

The products in my category listed on Amazon sell for the price which would over cover one-third of my cost.

I was thinking also of etsy, eBay and facebook. But I have also heard of negative reviews of etsy.

Tbh, I just want to get rid of inventory I have got. These are very pretty, high quality items but I don't think I can create a long term business selling them.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in