Talk

Advanced search

Advice needed

(12 Posts)
Beebiesandcheebies Wed 11-Jul-18 16:17:51

After about 7 years as. SAHM I'm applying for several part time admin jobs within the public sector.
The jobs I have gone for are really interesting to me and I have an interview for one of them so far.
The thing is the one I have the interview for is 3 full days.
I think I am really going to miss the children as I have been the sole person to take them to and from school. Also I have been lucky enough to spend afternoons with my youngest too.
Should I hold out for an interview for the ones that are afternoon or mornings only or 2 days max which I have applied for? Or still attend this interview for the 3 full days?

OP’s posts: |
Beebiesandcheebies Wed 11-Jul-18 16:35:18

3 full days job not interview

ThroughThickAndThin01 Wed 11-Jul-18 16:38:26

I think it’s really hard to get a part time job with perfect hours.

I’ve been looking for a part time job for nearly a year, but have been offered a fulltime job which I’ve accepted as it’s the only one I’ve been offered!

Beebiesandcheebies Wed 11-Jul-18 16:48:54

True. I guess there is a lot of competition

Beebiesandcheebies Thu 12-Jul-18 07:25:40

Bump

Beebiesandcheebies Thu 12-Jul-18 11:05:24

It's really hard to know what to do for the best as I don't 'need' to work but I am really getting bored at home doing the same things. I tried some volunteering but that's not really speaking to me either.

IhopeyoulikeNavantoo Thu 12-Jul-18 16:38:56

I would go for the interview. 3 full days is quite a nice work/life balance.

Beebiesandcheebies Thu 12-Jul-18 16:49:04

Ok thanks. Turns out I've got another interview now too.

Eminado Thu 12-Jul-18 17:00:05

Completely agree with Navan and am very envious!

Beebiesandcheebies Sat 14-Jul-18 19:49:06

I've been offered a job which I know I am really lucky to have got but I've also got an interview next week for a 2 day a week job which would be better. What do I do?confused

user8807 Sat 14-Jul-18 19:51:35

You need to tell the first company that you’ll make a decision next week. Personally I would go for the most interesting job, 2 or 3 days are both going to leave you with a nice balance

Beebiesandcheebies Sat 14-Jul-18 20:32:48

And of course I may not get the other job

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in