Advanced search

Help with childcare , no idea

(2 Posts)
Newbabies15 Tue 26-Jun-18 12:17:31

Hi, I’m 5.5 months into my maternity leave and thinking about childcare options when I return to work. I work as a classroom assistant and get paid £13k for 32.5 hours work. I would like to retrain as a teacher as I have a degree.

My questions are:
1. Am I entitled to help with childcare costs? Grandparents are able to provide 2 days free of charge. How do I find out? I’ve heard of child tax credits/tax credits/universal credits. What are these?! And do they help with childcare costs?

2. Can you still get help with childcare costs if you’re in full time training/education? Or part time if I decide to do something else?

Please can someone point me in the right direction I have never claimed anything like this before apart from child benefit - which I now get.

Oh and I have twins! So double the costs!

Thank you in advance.

OP’s posts: |
stressedandskint Fri 13-Jul-18 19:55:31

Google "entitled to calculator" it's a benefit calculator where you can put in your details and find out what you are eligible to claim. It's really easy to use.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in