Talk

Advanced search

Career change stories

(4 Posts)
mamansnet Sun 24-Jun-18 13:55:14

Hi,

I've decided to go back to college in September to retrain in a different field. Mainly because I no longer enjoy what I do and I can't find a job anyway. I'm 36 so would like to spend the next 20-30 years doing something I find more fulfilling, and I'm pretty excited about the new possibilities!

I was just interested to know who else has changed career - what was your old job and what is your new job? How old were you when you made the change? Any regrets?

OP’s posts: |
Chuggachuggatoottoot Sun 22-Jul-18 20:43:18

Bumping for you

iddybiddymum Mon 27-Aug-18 21:34:46

Hi there . I used to be in the police and resigned in order to travel ( as they refused to let me go). I was so angry at the refusal, that I feel the resignation was a little short sighted.
I loved my job, but I really wanted to travel.
Since returning home 4 years ago I won't lie it's been a struggle. I set up my own mobile catering business and recently sold it to have a baby.

However starting again is hard. I think if you know what you want to do you are half way there. The rest is easy!

I'm back to square one with not knowing what to do .....

LifeCoachRuth Tue 28-Aug-18 17:44:08

Hi, what are you studying?
I changed career after retraining in something new three years ago. It's been hard setting up a business from scratch, there have been times where I've thought I might have to go out and get a job, but it's always worked out okay. No regrets.
Good luck!

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in