Talk

Advanced search

Absolutely bricking it.... New job starts next week

(3 Posts)
catsatonthemat Fri 01-Jun-18 18:49:37

I've had my induction pack sent through and I suddenly feel overwhelmed. I have a number of site visits to do that I wasn't expecting and of course it's down to me to sort the childcare etc and it's only part time but I'm going to have to do more hours initially to accommodate all the visits they have organised. Another new colleague is starting who is male and full time. I'm feeling really anxious. It's been almost a decade since I was last employed, I've been a sahm for the last 6 years. What if it's a mistake and I shouldn't be going back to work or if I'm not good enough?

Sometimes when I get anxious, I cry. What if I cry at work if it overwhelms me? I feel sick with panic over it. Logically I know I just need to get through the first few weeks. My brain has gone to mush and I barely remember anything these days. I worry I'm not up to it.
My kids are waking 5am every day and I feel permanently tired so I'll probably be yawning my head off and look bored.

Wahhhhhhhhh sorry for being stupid and ranting.

OP’s posts: |
OhHolyJesus Fri 01-Jun-18 18:55:18

You got the job. You're good enough. Say this to yourself often. The routine will settle. Believe in yourself!

thelittlebumblebee Fri 01-Jun-18 18:59:10

Hi, I'm exactly like you when I get anxious I cry, and I've been having that issue while learning how to drive because I'm so nervous. Try taking Kalms because thats helped me in the past. I also think it helps me when I do something I really enjoy before so try and get into doing maybe watching your favourite show before you leave or having a nice song on when you're on your way there. Building up habits when you're uncomfortable in a situation helps. Also something I'm trying to do is speak to a doctor about how anxious I get because sometimes you might just need a little help with how to calm yourself down or get all your emotions out. I hope I helped a little. And don't stress if they wanted you that means you're great!

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in