Talk

Advanced search

Childcare advice for full time university course

(2 Posts)
butidontwannausemyhead Sun 27-May-18 14:08:05

Hi. I have 3 children aged 5,3 and 2. I will be starting university in September 2019 and I will be there full time except for Wednesday afternoons. My middle child will be starting school that September and my youngest will be eligible for 15 free hours from April next year.

I'm a SAHM and have been since he was born. I am concerned about how he will take to the change. I'm not sure whether to have him in a school nursery then have a childminder pick him up and have him until 6pm, or whether to just keep in one setting i.e. a private nursery. My concern there though is he may not be adequately prepared for school which he will attend in September 2020. If he does the combination of school nursery and childminder it would then mean negotiating whether she'd have him for the half terms that I'm not off on and also means my husband would need to sacrifice his annual leave for childcare too.

What do you think is the best choice here for childcare?

OP’s posts: |
badgerhead Sun 27-May-18 19:15:06

As a Childminder myself I would suggest you look around at local childminders and discuss your concerns with them. A lot of childminders are able to offer the 15 hours free entitlement as well as the 30 hours. Personally I would be happy to have your son for the sort of hours you are wanting and am happy to take to & collect children from pre-schools.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in