Broken ankle for interview

(12 Posts)
jacobsgirl Sun 29-Apr-18 15:04:47

Hi so I need some quick opinions for something a wee bit silly.

I broke a bone in my ankle about one weeks ago and was given a big moon boot to wear for a week or two until my foot felt better. (Small break nothing major )

So I have an interview for a job on Monday and I'm humming and hawing about weather to wear the boot or not?

I'm allowed to take it off and on as I feel comfortable

On one hand my boot will cramp my style and would maybe make my outfit look nasty and less professional

On the other hand if I do wear it does it look like I've made extra effort to attend the interview as I don't drive and have to get a bus etc ? And really am going a wee bit further to attend ?

Opinions ?

OP’s posts: |
jacobsgirl Sun 29-Apr-18 15:07:08

There's spelling mistakes here sorry

Whether *

Week *

Bluntness100 Sun 29-Apr-18 15:08:27

Wear it. For the simple reason you don't want to risk more damage.

But yes it garners you sympathy and makes you memorable. So in your favour.

EBearhug Sun 29-Apr-18 15:09:45

I'd definitely take it with me, because getting to an interview is likely to be tiring. Whether I'd wear it in the interview would depend on how I felt at the time.

I once went to an interview with a black eye, having had an incident with a stair rail. Fortunately, the interviewer was a rugby player, so thought it perfectly normal behaviour.

jacobsgirl Sun 29-Apr-18 15:10:00

Bluntness -

Yes there's that as well ! grin

jacobsgirl Sun 29-Apr-18 15:11:36

I think I will at least take it with me !

I'm just annoyed cause I love this outfit but I suppose I really should wear the boot cause my foot aches so much without it on !

BritInUS1 Sun 29-Apr-18 15:12:21

Do it, I had to do the same last week, robot boot and crutches !

TheIsland Sun 29-Apr-18 15:14:18

I would email them to say though, incase they want you to have a tour, move locations or similar.

OhMyGodTheyKilledKenny Sun 29-Apr-18 15:15:01

Wear it.

Years ago I attended an interview with a leg brace on and crutches following knee surgery......I got the job!

Crispbutty Sun 29-Apr-18 15:15:57

Wear it. It will show determination too as others might have cried off and cancelled.

jacobsgirl Sun 29-Apr-18 15:17:10

I'm already a wee bit ahead when it comes to what the interview entails as nearly my whole family work for the company

As far as I'm aware it's just a straightforward sit down interview

Will definitely be wearing it tho guys thanks!

Any other tips would be appreciated as I've never done an interview as formal as this one before !

Spudlet Sun 29-Apr-18 15:18:12

Wear it. It's not worth the risk of doing more damage. Also, it shows you're committed to soldier on through something like this, which is good.

Mind you, I used to work in the equine industry, where plaster casts and moon-boots are practically part of the uniform grin.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in