Talk

Advanced search

NHS job interview help

(11 Posts)
butteryfluttery Thu 12-Apr-18 17:32:58

I have an interview coming up (didn't think I'd even get one but obviously they give them out to anyone !) for an admin role in NHS mental health services.
They have asked for original certificates as evidence of my qualifications , which are just your usual GCSE's. Now I did these a number of years ago (13 years) and the certificates were kept at my family home when we fled due to dv. I am now NC with my father but obviously need these damn documents!
Can I get them from the board? I don't even know what board I did them with as I was a private candidate , and such a long time ago. I can find some AS Level results but I need the gcse ones.
Help!!

OP’s posts: |
firstbornforbread Thu 12-Apr-18 17:37:58

I've lost all my exam certificates too. Too many years ago. I never had anyone ask to see them anyway. But they did want to see proof of a vocational qualification I'd also lost certificate for so I had to pay the examining board for another copy-£50!

I did Scottish exams not GCSEs but if you know who makes the exams and certificates you could purchase another copy of your own perhaps?

firstbornforbread Thu 12-Apr-18 17:39:10

Oh sorry I see you don't know examining board! I suppose google would bring something up? I used city and guilds, there must be a gcse equivalent?

butteryfluttery Thu 12-Apr-18 17:39:49

I don't know which board I did them under as I did them spread over 5 years, in different schools , and all different boards. Very worried and wondering whether to ring up interviewer and explain situ or face contacting my bastard of a father.

McDougal Thu 12-Apr-18 17:41:30

Could you ring HR and ask their advice? They're usually pretty good, especially if there are extenuating circumstances as to why you can't access the originals.

butteryfluttery Thu 12-Apr-18 17:49:40

I think I will have to @McDougal , will hunt over the weekend and if no joy will ring them on Monday.
Now to learn Excel!

DABradio Thu 12-Apr-18 17:50:17

Yes. Explain honestly that you don't have them.

butteryfluttery Thu 12-Apr-18 17:55:31

I have lots of music certificates if they are interested in me playing some tunes !

recoveringmummy Thu 12-Apr-18 18:00:51

This happened to me and I got my school to write me a letter confirming my grades and subject- could you do that?

butteryfluttery Thu 12-Apr-18 18:02:15

I didn't go to school so can't do that, can barely remember which locations I sat the exams at either.

butteryfluttery Mon 16-Apr-18 17:49:47

I rang them today and explained and they were perfectly fine about it.
So worried about the interview, all fingers crossed!!

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in