Talk

Advanced search

AAT Level 2 in Accountancy

(4 Posts)
legodisasterzone Sun 01-Apr-18 12:18:22

Hi. I recently gave up work in education and am looking to retrain.
I have been toying with the AAT Accountancy for a while and wondered if anyone has any advice or information on it please?

I have some experience of finance as I was a claims assessor for a number of years, but am afraid to jump into this and find it isn't what I want or that job opportunities are limits.

I would go into Level 3 afterwards.

TIA

OP’s posts: |
Fiirefly Thu 12-Apr-18 17:25:42

Hi. I'm an accountant and I've done AAT. What specifically did you want to know smile

3stonedown Thu 12-Apr-18 17:30:15

I'm a finance manager and did AAT, I did level 3 whilst I was temping in a bank and level 4 once I had a finance role. If you have a basic knowledge of finance and numbers it's relatively easy. It was quite a while ago but I think I skipped level 2 as I had done accounting at a level

RicStar Thu 12-Apr-18 17:38:13

I manage a few aat folk - if at all possible skip level 2 - its very basic - level 3/4 offer more value to you and an employer. If you have level 3 then that is good for entry level jobs (although we hire folk without and part pay for thier training) which might be an option if you have some experience and would give you the chance to see if you like the type of work.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in