Talk

Advanced search

ECDL COURSE

(7 Posts)
BlitzenandMikey Thu 22-Mar-18 15:33:26

Has any one done this course recently? If so, which provider did you go with? How much did it cost you? I am looking at doing ECDL to brush up on my IT skills, particularly data base and spreadsheets. The price from provider to provider seems to vary too.

Many thanks.

OP’s posts: |
WeirdyMcBeardy Fri 06-Apr-18 23:41:31

I did levels 1 and 2 in IT last year with Learn Direct. Mine were free because it was linked from the jobcentre. Level 1 was far too basic for me and they said after I should have just started with level 2, which was also easy. I really enjoyed them and it did give me skills and helped me prepare for work in admin.

BlitzenandMikey Sat 07-Apr-18 10:57:27

Great thanks Weirdy. I have found a few providers but no test centres locally for some reason. Might have a look at learn direct though.

OP’s posts: |
WeirdyMcBeardy Sat 07-Apr-18 22:13:55

I found them really good. Tutor was great and you could learn at your own pace, I flew through it and they had to send me home early a few days as you can't finish too quickly due to funding smile. May be different if you are paying yourself though as i guess it wouldn't matter then.

VaselineOnToast Thu 26-Apr-18 16:29:56

Have a look and see if any local libraries run the course for free, or alternatively, Further Education colleges.

Turefu Mon 07-May-18 15:14:56

I’m doing one online. I want to sit my exams, but all of sudden my training provider doesn’t know , where can I sit them. They’ll get back to me and then I’ll update here.

Highhorse1981 Tue 29-May-18 17:30:20

So please o found this!

ECDL has been replaced as ITQ now as far as I understand?

Those saying how easy it is, how easy are we talking?

I’m not so much interested in the qualification at the end of it, i genuinely need to get my It skills up to a decent standard as I return to work on finance shortly.

What are you now able to do in excel and PowerPoint?

Thanks

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in