Talk

Advanced search

Redundancy Following Maternity Leave

(4 Posts)
gigi556 Thu 22-Mar-18 09:28:36

My role is being made redundant and I'm currently on maternity leave. It's under consultation.

I've already told them I don't want full-time. Not sure if this is relevant but including for thoroughness.

I was considering handing my notice in so I'm not that fussed about going back but it would be nice to have something part-time if it's available.

I'm told the consultation process should take 2-3 weeks.

Anyway, I guess I'm just wondering what my rights are or what I'm entitled to if I am made redundant. I've only been with the company 2 years so I'm guess not much???

OP’s posts: |
Sharon1983 Thu 22-Mar-18 13:06:12

Hi

I am not a legal consultant but i do know that you are still legally entitled to your full maternity leave payment which may still be due to you plus redudancy payment. Whilst going through the consultation you could ask for a bit more smile

gigi556 Thu 22-Mar-18 13:33:18

I've been doing a bit of googling and have figured out what my statutory redundancy would be or there abouts. I don't think there is any provision for more and can't see why an employer might offer more unless they were looking for volunteers during a period of large layoffs.

gigi556 Fri 23-Mar-18 12:31:48

I just got the letter through from HR and will have a consultation meeting next week. It says I can bring a colleague. Is it a good idea to have someone else at the meeting? What do I say at this meeting??

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in