Talk

Advanced search

Back to work after 7 years sahm -feeling nervous

(9 Posts)
Ukmum1 Tue 13-Mar-18 17:22:27

Hi

I have been very lucky to be offered a job back in Administration. It was an informal interview but i still felt nervous. In a couple of weeks I should be starting and I am sooo nervous. Its been a long while since ive done office work. Whilst a sahm ive been helping out at playgroup and schools.

lynmilne65 Tue 13-Mar-18 17:29:36

You'll be just fine 😘

snickledon Tue 13-Mar-18 17:33:16

Dont worry. I've just returned to work after 6 years in a similar office role. There's a bit more use of things like Skype and video conferencing but otherwise the jobs not changed much. Good luck and you'll be fine and looking forward to your first pay cheque grin

Wishfulmakeupping Tue 13-Mar-18 17:35:31

Congratulations op you’re bound to be nervous but I’m sure you’ll adapt and settle in no time good luck

phoenix1973 Tue 13-Mar-18 17:37:19

Well done! You'll soon settle in and get that wage 😁
Anything new is a struggle at first, but be assured that they want you and will be keen for you to start.
Good luck x x.

extinctspecies Tue 13-Mar-18 17:43:36

You'll be fine. I had a 7 year gap before I went back to work, and had to cope with a whole new industry.

I found my maturity really helped in the role. But don't be surprised if no-one asks you about your kid (s). That was the biggest surprise for me!

whoareyoukidding Tue 13-Mar-18 17:45:07

Bless you, you'll be fine! I was at home for 10 years and I still remember how hard it was at first going back, but I loved earning again and making new friends at work.

Ukmum1 Tue 13-Mar-18 20:30:56

Aww thank you all. Will be good to get back into it. Main reason to go back was to get my brain working again 😂 , I’ve also just not long moved back to uk and into to a new area after living overseas for a while so will be good to meet new people. X

Dingdong1975 Tue 13-Mar-18 22:50:05

I know that feelings after my long gap. You are going to be fine, I had to learn to use Skype too as I always had a desk phone. So many logins for different places these days but otherwise it's the same.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: