Interview help please - I've been out of the workplace for 12 years!

(2 Posts)
BlitzenandMikey Fri 09-Mar-18 10:07:30

Hi
Just wanted to wish you luck with your interview next week, well done!

The gap in your CV clearly hasn't bothered the school, so don't worry about that. You mention you have been volunteering for a charity, so you can talk about the skills you have acquired there.

As for flexibility, well you can mention it as one of your questions at interview, just to test the water. Perhaps there is the possibility of a job share with another candidate?

Good luck.

georgehale Fri 09-Mar-18 09:52:32

Hello

Due to a combination of ill health and raising children I've been a SAHM for 12 years. All dc are now at school and I'm feeling well enough to take on a part time job.

I've been invited to an interview next Wednesday at a local primary school for the role of Office Assistant and I'm really nervous about how to approach it. I have the right qualifcations they asked for in the person specification and I've been volunteering 2 days a week in an Admin role for a local charity for almost a year to get recent experience. I'm just worried about how bad it looks to have such a big gap on my CV.

Also, the role is for 20 hours per week but it didn't say how this was worked out over the week in the job advert. Am I able to ask for flexibility with this? I would prefer to work the hours over 3 days rather than 5 as I need rest days because of my health (Fibromyalgia).

Has anyone any experience of interviews in a similar role and could give me some tips. Also if anyone has health conditions and how they have found a job that suits them, how understanding employers are etc

Thank you smile

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in