Occupational health

(11 Posts)
seriousone Sat 17-Feb-18 17:12:13

Have name changed for this, not sure if anyone knows anything about occupational health advise ,im under oh at work due too bad anxiety/depression and have been moved too a different dept while something is investigated(no choice where too work)ive now gone off sick as I didn't get on well there and have been to oh who said I need to work on my own dept only due to my issues,which my manager and hr are aware off but hr have taken no notice so I have too stay off sick as im getting no support at work,union is also aware.Just wondering how much notice of oh do hr have too take as they haven't replied too my manager or anything,just want advice

OP’s posts: |
Psychobabble123 Sat 17-Feb-18 17:14:46

What is being investigated? If you are being investigated for something like bullying another person, you have to be moved as it is not on to move the alleged victim. Can you explain more of the back story??

seriousone Sat 17-Feb-18 17:23:42

Colleague has raised a false allegation of harrasment against me (false as no evidence has been shown too me as they don't have any)

Psychobabble123 Sat 17-Feb-18 17:26:16

Ahhhh so that's it then. Until the investigation is concluded you will not be permitted to return to your work area. What is so different about where you have been placed that makes it impossible for you to work?

seriousone Sat 17-Feb-18 18:01:59

Am a very anxious person and need too work where im familiar,so even though occi health have advised I work in my own dept(we can be put onto different shifts to each other)they dont have too follow it?

strawberrysparkle Sat 17-Feb-18 18:15:01

If you've been accused of harassment they have moved you to protect both you and the person making the accusation.

As far as I'm aware it's just best practise to follow occupational health rather than law.

seriousone Sat 17-Feb-18 18:24:15

Shame,looking like I have too stay on the sick for now

Psychobabble123 Sat 17-Feb-18 18:31:07

Be careful, this could end in you being deemed medically inefficient and dismissed. Why not ask for restricted duties or a period of reduced hours in the new area, build up to working to full capacity again??

seriousone Sat 17-Feb-18 18:35:51

Its the stress from this situation that is making me ill too work though

strawberrysparkle Sat 17-Feb-18 18:39:48

Yes do be careful - if they don't feel you're well enough to do your job long term then they can get rid of you. Companies normally refer to occupational health when looking for a reason to dismiss.

If there's no adjustments to be made to enable you to return then it can be lawful to dismiss you.

seriousone Sat 17-Feb-18 19:01:05

Ive been under occupational health due too my depression,and never had time off with it until this so im sure this work situation is what's causing me too bad ,if im offered no support too in working elsewhere not sure how it can be enforced too make me go to work (until this is solved)

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in