Talk

Advanced search

Looking for work with no confidence

(4 Posts)
susannakaysen1984 Wed 31-Jan-18 18:05:00

Hi Guys,

Ive been a creeper for a while now but never posted and am looking for some advice in regards to my situation...not sure if it should fall under work or health though :/

I have Borderline Personality Disorder which was recently triggered back in September. Ive lost all of my confidence about my capabilities and getting a job but am currently in a situation where I HAVE to work. Also, a few years ago, during my last highly medicated, impulsive spree I shoplifted which obviously now is completely mortifying and I'm very ashamed. I was given a fixed notice which I paid and is no longer on my enhanced or standard CBR. Unfortunately I live in a small town and I fear that I will always have to declare this deeply shameful moment of my past and illness even though it is no longer on my record for fear of someone knowing me and 'outing' me to a future employer so to speak. Am I being totally neurotic and paranoid here or could I be fired on a past mistake that is no longer recorded. Also, where do I even begin to find work for someone with mental health issues who is basically an anxious mess.

Big Hugs x

2017RedBlue Wed 31-Jan-18 21:24:33

Would you anxiety and MH allow you to travel to a different place to work? It sounds like a fresh start somewhere new would be good? A bigger town but not too far away?

I'd suggest trying to work for a health organisation of some sort that has links to mental health as there will be more understanding of your condition. So NHS related work, doctors' surgeries, mental health charities, general local charities and other local council/local state-run organisations. Counselling services, places like MIND and so on?

susannakaysen1984 Thu 01-Feb-18 10:39:50

Thanks for the response. I’m quite limited with my routine at the moment. I’m undergoing intensive therapy in the hope this elevates soon but Right now I’m too reliant on the locality of things in case I need to get home quickly. Working within the health sector is a good call actually...feeling a little bit trapped, scared and limited right now

Scarlett112014 Wed 07-Feb-18 17:38:36

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: