Talk

Advanced search

Issues after maternity

(1 Post)
K2608 Tue 23-Jan-18 06:14:32

Hi

I had my second child in 2017. After my first I had been working part time as a manager doing around 16 hours across 4 days plus admin. I organised to go back to work January 2018. In July, September and October I asked to do KIT days and got a reply to say that’s fine but I never got a response back about days I could work. In November my boss asked me which days I would like to return and agreed a gradual return doing 12 hours across 3 mornings plus admin at home one day which I was hoping to increase after I stop breastfeeding. I am breastfeeding still and due to my child having food allergies I have been advised by my daughters paediatrician to continue to feed my daughter which is why I asked to do the hours. I went back to work January and my hours have been cut as we are overstaffed after the first week. I just completed my second week at work, had a meeting with my boss which was supposed to be about one topic. I get to the meeting and my hours have been cut again and the deputy who was my maternity cover was asked the week before to be a joint manager. I had no idea about this before the meeting. Also my boss has been talking to the team about my work during their appraisals. I have been doing a lot of reading and catching up on things from when I was off and trying to get back into the swing of things and raised a complaint about this. I just feel like my role has been taken away and I haven’t been given any time to get back into the role.

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in