Talk

Advanced search

Studying to be a nursery assistant. Advice!

(2 Posts)
dominate Tue 21-Nov-17 00:38:04

Hi

I am a stay at home mother of 3. My youngest is 22mnths old. I'm 39 & I haven't been in employment for 8 years.

I'm thinking I'd like to look into my future regarding employment now. I've always wanted to work with kids but never had the confidence to take it further. Now I'm a mum I feel that I'm in a better place to start as I'm more confident.

I'm currently going through a separation with my husband so I don't have a lot of time to go and study. I couldn't ask him to look after the kids if I were to do an evening course.

Does anyone know if I can do an online course and gain experience during the week?

How/where would I start on this? I'm a bit petrified if I'm honest! Everything seems so daunting!

Thanks in advance

Tumbleweed101 Thu 23-Nov-17 06:32:20

If you’re looking for employment too then looking for an unqualified position and then training while in employment is an option and this is how I got my level 3.

Your local college may have more options. I think with all the courses I’ve known you will need to do work experience too. If you’re needing to do that voluntary if you do a course outside of employment you’d be best to contact local nurseries. You’ll need a DBS but I’m sure most would be glad for extra pairs of hands.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now