Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Training as an FE teacher

(3 Posts)
dadap Sun 29-Oct-17 06:22:09

Hi -
What subject could I train to teach in an FE college and how do I go about it? I am late forties and completed my degree in 2015. BA hons 2:1 education studies. I took an access course to get there- and did gcse equivalent English maths and science while doing the access course. Prior to this I had worked in local government for more than 30 years. I loved the subject of education - sociology, history and philosophy- while doing the degree I decided I didn’t want to teach children but hadn’t thought too much about adult education so I didn’t do the pgce. I went back into local gov. but I find it very unfulfilling. I really loved the subject I studied - how could train to teach this in FE and what course would I need to look into?

Thanks

OlafLovesAnna Sun 29-Oct-17 07:54:14

I'm currently doing an AET level 3 which is Award in Education and Training and isn't subject specific and will start a Certificate in Assessing Vocational Achievement CAVA for my job in training adults in health and social care but again the course isn't subject specific.

Search FE jobs in the subject you're interested in and look at the person specification for what's needed.

dadap Mon 30-Oct-17 12:26:50

Thank you Olaf - I will look at some role profiles -

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now