Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Interview questions for school

(3 Posts)
Cakemakeslifebetter Mon 23-Oct-17 19:49:07

I have an interview the week for a job at a school, mainly admin but I would be expected to help in classrooms if required. My background is office based and I've never worked with children.
I'm confident in answering the usual interview questions but what kind of children/school based questions might they ask?

Thanks in advance!

BackforGood Tue 24-Oct-17 00:04:21

That's quite an unusual role!
I think I would be arming yourself with more questions, than expecting to have the answers, if they are planning to employ someone not trained in childcare or child development or special needs or ny form of teaching, to be working wiht the children.
I would be asking about what training you could access - from safeguarding to things like Autism awareness, or ..... well, the list is endless really, depending on what they are expecting you to do.

Cakemakeslifebetter Tue 24-Oct-17 05:51:45

It's quite a normal role where I live.
It's not a teaching job, sometimes you may be required to assist a teacher. With it being based in the school you would be around children so I'm assuming there will be some "what would you do if a child did this..." type questions.

But I do always think it's good to ask questions on an interview so I will take on board what you've said.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now