Talk

Advanced search

mumsnet work

Find the perfect family friendly job

Return to work anxiety

(4 Posts)
FloraIris Fri 20-Oct-17 21:13:04

I’m about to return to work after an extended period of maternity leave and am incredibly anxious about it. Will it get better? It’s our last baby and it’s almost the end of an era. I’m feeling so sad about it and would welcome some encouraging words as it is all encompassing at the moment!

Beansprout30 Sat 21-Oct-17 07:25:32

It will be fine, I took 9 months off and it was hard to go back to begin with but it didn't take long to get used to a new routine. All the best x

MaverickSnoopy Sat 21-Oct-17 07:42:01

I took 9 months off the first time and going back was fine and I settled back in quite quickly. I took 15 months off the second time which was much harder. So hard that I've only gone back very part time. I want to keep my toe dipped in and keep my skills going but simply put it want to do the SAHM thing too and be at home more when they're little. I think because like you it's different the second time (for some people).

My best advice is to get yourself organised and once you're into the swing of things it will be fine.

FloraIris Sun 22-Oct-17 13:50:52

Thanks for your encouraging words. I feel scared that I’ll have forgotten everything, lost respect from others and let my three children down by being at work. I’d just love for everything to balance out eventually.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: