Talk

Advanced search

Back to work blues

(6 Posts)
katelily2017 Tue 10-Oct-17 11:12:59

Hi ladies,

I’ve got my first KIT day tomorrow, my dd is nearly 9 months old and I’m absolutely dreading it, I’m in for the full day.

Dd is being looked after by my dh, but she’s still breastfed and won’t take a bottle at all (we’ve tried everything).

Her weening is going ok and she’s having 2 meals a day (lunch and dinner).

It’s the first time I’ve been away from her since she was born and I am an emotional wreck! I’m so worried she’s going to feel like I’m abandoning her! She loves her dad to bits but she’ll only ever settle on me so I’m worried she’s going to be really crying for me and I’m not going to be there. I’m worried she’s going to be emotionally scarred (do I sound crazy?)

I’ve made an itinerary for the pair of them to keep them busy and I’ve expressed enough milk for the day but just can’t stop crying! Am I being ridiculous? How have you guys coped with this?

Lots of love xxx

Chosenbyyou Tue 10-Oct-17 16:44:55

Hi

I have tried to organise a kit day and am waiting for my line manager to confirm it. It will be the first time my second will have been without me - he is six months.

I can remember with my first that they don't understand the concept of time so they don't know if they have not seen you for ten minutes or ten hours. Thus they can be distracted and that is great - I'm sure your DH and DD will have a great day and you will be the one worried not them!

When are you planning to go back properly? I'm going to go back at 10 months ish but weirdly I know I will miss my first this time as I have loved spending all this extra time with her.

Let me know how it goes xx

LadyLapsang Wed 11-Oct-17 00:08:37

It's harder for you, she will be absolutely fine. If she won't take a bottle, my DS didn't when I returned to work at 8 months - try milk from a spoon (very long winded) then an Avent sippy cup.I did find I was doing a lot of night feeds when I went back.

AtrociousCircumstance Wed 11-Oct-17 00:11:35

Aww OP, it is fucking hard. But she'll be ok, and you'll be ok smile. And you'll come through it - returning to work - with your beautiful relationship intact. Be kind to yourself, allow yourself your feelings, and know that it'll be alright flowers

katelily2017 Fri 13-Oct-17 19:08:37

Thanks so much for your replies ladies! I’m planning on taking a full 12 months off and going back in Jan.
She was absolutely fine! Ha! I couldn’t believe it! She had a fab day with her dad!
Really pleased I did it now cause I’ve got my hen do coming up next month and was planning to take her along with me 😂😂😂.
Xxx

LadyLapsang Sun 15-Oct-17 19:57:40

Pleased it went so well.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now