Talk

Advanced search

Interview on maternity leave

(7 Posts)
mummy2annabelle Sun 08-Oct-17 22:22:44

Hello lovely folk,

So I've been on maternity leave for almost 9 months, my current employer won't offer me part time so I am looking for a new job.

I've managed to get an interview for the most perfect job. So do I -
A) have to tell them I'm on maternity leave?
B) should I tell them I'm on maternity leave?

Also fingers crossed I get the job, do I just resign in the usual way? (I won't have any mat pay to pay back - I've check that!)

Thanks for reading, a nervous first time mum xxx

healthyheart Tue 10-Oct-17 18:14:33

Hi mummy2 well done on getting an interview for your dream job, I hope it goes well. Don't get too fixated on whether to tell them you're on ML, see if they ask you. If they do ask what you're doing now ( I guess they will) either say ' I'm on ML due to return in x weeks' or just say I'm employed as a xxxxx working at AAAAAAA company.
Good luck.

thatstoast Tue 10-Oct-17 18:18:04

No, don't mention it. Make sure you have a clear idea of your reasons for leaving your current job as you don't want to say it's because they've refused flexible working.

healthyheart Tue 10-Oct-17 18:26:39

Oh yes, sorry missed the bit about the resignation! Yes hand in your notice required as per your contract.

healthyheart Tue 10-Oct-17 18:30:13

Im going to disagree with toast here and to say that you are looking for part time hours now and that your job you're leaving is FT only. Obviously don't make this the first point. Say something positive about the New Co and what attracts you to the position followed by the fact your current lifestyle is currently more suited to part time hours and that this job sounds an ideal fit for you.

mummy2annabelle Tue 10-Oct-17 18:52:04

Thank you for your responses, fortunately it's kind of a promotion but PT so I haven't solid reasons for moving there, PT makes it even more perfect.

It's on Tuesday, I'll let you know how I get on 👍🏼 xxx

mummy2annabelle Tue 10-Oct-17 18:52:26

Have solid reason 🤦🏽‍♀️

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now