Anxiety going back to work after miscarrage

(3 Posts)
Katiekiara Sat 07-Oct-17 09:31:26

I work in a call centre, can be quite demanding and can be difficult depending on the attitude of customers you speak to. Altogether I have had 4 weeks off work, 2 weeks were planned holiday however the weekend I was due to go back I suffered a miscarrage doctors signed me off for 2 weeks, they said I could have more to just call up if necessary. Im due to go back Monday,I'm so anxious to go back to work I feel that I don't remember how to do my job well, I feel that people will ask me why I've been off for so long and I don't know what to say. I just feel such a huge sense of anxiety to walk into work after all this time. Please help x

OP’s posts: |
QforCucumber Sat 07-Oct-17 09:36:06

When i had my mc I asked the Dr to put on the sick note the reason why, I also called my manager and advised them the reason. I felt having that support in my tl and manager really helped. The manager had told told my direct team, at my request -so People only asked if they felt comfortable and I found speaking about actually cathartic. It may help you too?

Katiekiara Sat 07-Oct-17 09:55:11

Hey yeah my manager knows and he's been lovely about it telling me not to worry about anything regarding work, I just can't shake this nervous feeling to actually walk in and see everyone

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in