Talk

Advanced search

Anxiety going back to work after miscarrage

(3 Posts)
Katiekiara Sat 07-Oct-17 09:31:26

I work in a call centre, can be quite demanding and can be difficult depending on the attitude of customers you speak to. Altogether I have had 4 weeks off work, 2 weeks were planned holiday however the weekend I was due to go back I suffered a miscarrage doctors signed me off for 2 weeks, they said I could have more to just call up if necessary. Im due to go back Monday,I'm so anxious to go back to work I feel that I don't remember how to do my job well, I feel that people will ask me why I've been off for so long and I don't know what to say. I just feel such a huge sense of anxiety to walk into work after all this time. Please help x

QforCucumber Sat 07-Oct-17 09:36:06

When i had my mc I asked the Dr to put on the sick note the reason why, I also called my manager and advised them the reason. I felt having that support in my tl and manager really helped. The manager had told told my direct team, at my request -so People only asked if they felt comfortable and I found speaking about actually cathartic. It may help you too?

Katiekiara Sat 07-Oct-17 09:55:11

Hey yeah my manager knows and he's been lovely about it telling me not to worry about anything regarding work, I just can't shake this nervous feeling to actually walk in and see everyone

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now