Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Email old employer?

(2 Posts)
youvegottobekidding Fri 06-Oct-17 09:14:20

I'm currently employed part-time. For some time now I have become fed up for a couple of reasons and would like to look for alternative work. This has got me thinking of contacting my old employer.

I got on well with them & left on good terms, they're a small, family run business, however, it's been around 10 years since I last had any contact, I've moved twice & changed phone/mobile numbers since. I started as full time with them, but returned as part-time after having my first child.

I have since had another child & im really only looking for one or two days at the most and one of the days would have to be the day my husband doesn't work as he works full time, so it needs to be within school hours as well as we don't have any one around to help with child care now.

Would it appear as desperate or awkward if I contacted them seeking employment? The only thing is where I am now is that I only work term time so I'm off when the kids are off, if I was to work anywhere else, obviously I wouldn't. But then again I go in every day in this job & if I was to look elsewhere I'd ideally like just one or two days a week.

Lellikelly26 Sat 28-Oct-17 21:37:03

I would email them on the chance they need some help and don’t want the financial burden of a full time employee. Plus they know you and if you worked well there before it’s a good thing.
I would also email similar local firms saying what you are looking for. I have done the same myself and got a better response with that than through agencies (though some were slow to reply). Good luck

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now