This is a Premium feature
To use this feature subscribe to Mumsnet Premium - get first access to new features see fewer ads, and support Mumsnet.Start using Mumsnet Premium
Awaiting a response- advice needed(4 Posts)
I'd also ask if there's a timeframe for when she's expecting to hear back and then explain you'll contact them again then. You can always say you don't want to be a pain but you're looking at other jobs and don't want to take another role if this will work out as this is the one you really want.
Thanks I didn't want to come across as pushy or too keen
After this time I would just call again and ask whether she'd had a chance to look at your application.
The time lapse is great enough that you don't look pushy just keen.
Sorry if long but don't want to drop feed.
A few weeks ago My friend told employer I was interested in working for them (il call her the boss from now on for ease). They are desperate for staff. The boss said that sounded great and I sounded more than suitable for the role and gave her an application form for me.
I filled in the form and returned it and heard nothing for 2 weeks. I called the boss and explained I handed in the form and wondered if she received it. She said she did and was very sorry for not calling me back as she's awaiting top management to give the go ahead to recruit. She advised these meetings would be the following week.
I waited and heard nothing. I told friend i still havnt heard anything and she said boss been on holiday (fair enough). Boss been back 2 weeks and I've still heard nothing. Friend said she's been too busy to talk to her.
What would you do? It's been ages since I first handed in application. I really want that job and friend said still short staffed. Also out of work and money's running out. Would you call again and ask? Would I seem pushy? Do you think she's read application and thought I don't sound right? (More than qualified with excellent references)
What would be your next move?