GCSEs and Retraining

(3 Posts)
MrsSthe3rd Thu 07-Sep-17 13:29:16

I'm looking to retrain and go back to work, after raising my DC. I do have some constraints as to how much time I can put into it.

Anyway, various courses say how many GCSEs they want you to have beforehand and this is where I have an issue. I don't actually remember what I got and can't find any paperwork either.

I left school at 16 and that was almost 25 years ago. So is it even worth me trying to find anything? Or should I just start from scratch and build the necessary GCSEs up?

OP’s posts: |
MyPatronusIsAUnicorn Wed 13-Sep-17 21:55:43

I'm not sure. But I've recently returned to work and had to state my GCSEs and provide the certificates as evidence, in all the interviews I had. They are relevant all the time. But I still have to do sodding maths and english tests before they'll accept me onto an apprenticeship. I could walk the apprenticeship with my eyes closed but I've been out of work so long I need something and have to start again at the bottom. But even for this position I needed my GCSEs first.

There are maths and english courses you can take. I did some IT courses with Learn Direct and they had people there doing their maths and english who never got their GCSEs.

2017RedBlue Thu 14-Sep-17 10:58:06

www.gov.uk/replacement-exam-certificate

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in