Proof of electoral role search

(4 Posts)
NotInService Wed 06-Sep-17 12:12:41

Not sure where to put this and name changed.

I need to prove who I am and where I live but have no photo ID and all my bills are online.

I've got my bank to.print a statement and tge only other thing on the list of documents they'll accept is "confirmation from an electoral register search that a person of that name lives at that address". I know I can search the electrol register at the library but:
1. I might have ticked a box to say I didn't want my details public. That means I won't be searchable doesn't it?
2. If by any chance I am on there, how do I get confirmation of this? I undersrand I can't take a copy.

Really angry with myself for leaving this to the last minute

OP’s posts: |
HeadDreamer Wed 06-Sep-17 12:16:28

You can print out online bills as proof. All my bank statements and bills are online. They always have pdf versions. I've always print them and no one has refused to accept them so far. I do use a colour laser printer at works. Staples I think have those big colour printers.

Will that solve your problem?

Rollercoaster1920 Wed 06-Sep-17 12:23:01

Electoral role renewal document? We just had one through a couple of weeks ago.

Maybe you can get proof from the council?

P45 or P60 tax document should be acceptable proof too.

You can print inline bills too you know. Your printer vs utility provider printer is pretty irrelevant!

NotInService Wed 06-Sep-17 12:53:02

Thank you.

Tried the printed statement thing but unless it's stamped by the actual company they won't accept it. Bank looked at me like I was barmy.

I wouldn't mind so much but I've got payslips with my address from two companies, my NI card, a marriage certificate, hospital letters, invoice from the council (because it's an allotment bill as opposed to tax or similar, it apparently isn't acceptable!)...

I'm going to order a new birth certificate but because I don't know my reference number (it isn't showing on any free online searches) I don't know how long it will take to arrive.

I don't know what to do. sad

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in